Sunday, March 1, 2015

Vintage Ivory Tunic Blouse





I'm currently working to get this long tunic blouse added to the store.  I'm not happy with the way my camera's been acting.
Anyway....this top is a real sweet honey.  Vintage late 1970s to early 1980s I believe.  I had a pink crepe chiffon blouse back in that era that had the same styling....that gorgeous deep, deep ruffle around the modified v-neck.  Still have it in fact.  I'm one of those people that put clothing away in storage; hoping I'll have another occasion to wear it.  I love all my clothes and hold on until the bitter end!

This pretty lady is a one size fits all with it's loose comfy fit.
It's pullover style and has one round faux pearl button for closure. 



The sleeves are long and billowy buccaneer/pirate style.  The elastic at the wrist is relaxed-I've debated on whether to replace it or leave it to the next owner.  I've often wondered what buyers really feel about that issue.  I'm pretty much a purist and tend to leave vintage clothing in it's original state. 


As the photo below shows; this blouse has a wonderful drape and looks flattering over jeans or a short figure hugging mini skirt.  I would go with a black pencil mini and sheer black shadow-stripe hose.


Well....enough talking to myself~
Time to get back to work!

Here's a seasonal look at the vintage blouses & tops that are currently available in my store: